Thursday, March 13, 2014

Le Temps Viendra vs. Lost In Austen

Well, I've only read the first chapter of Le Temps Viendra by Sarah Morris.  So far it is very very captivating! I definitely think I will love this book! However, one thing I noticed immediately when reading the description of this book is that this sounds very similar to the mini-series "Lost In Austen".

For those of you who aren't familiar with the mini-series "Lost In Austen", it is about a modern day woman who lives with her lazy boyfriend whom she has grown tired of dealing with. She is obsessed with the book "Pride And Prejudice" by Jane Austen and particularly with the main character, Elizabeth Bennett. She also hopes to one day meet and fall in love with a man like Mr. Darcy. Then, one day, she meets Elizabeth Bennett and they swap places, Elizabeth Bennett lives in the modern world and the main character (I can't remember her name) lives in Elizabeth Bennett's world.  She loves it there, but as time goes on she's torn between her world and the world of her favourite book. It's a very good series and i would highly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of either Jane Austen or the storyline of the book Le Temps Viendra.

I'm wondering if maybe Sarah Morris wasn't partially influenced by this mini-series. Especially since she is British, and "Lost In Austen" is a BBC production and, from my understanding, more popular in the UK then in the USA.

I just thought I would point out the similarities.  I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I've read about Anne Boleyn in the past and have always found her and her background fascinating. I love British History/literature (if you don't believe me, you should see the collection of DVDs my family and I own lol) so this book is right up my alley. My family's even wanting to read it after I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the book more than i thought i would. I will say i have not heard of that show, though. if it is similar than you have a jump on all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, one of the few Pride and Prejudice knock-offs worth watching. I haven't watched it in awhile even though I own it, I need to though lol. It has some really good actors including Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey. You should check into it.

      Delete
  2. I love British television/ movies, as well. No, in Dr. Morris' book, 21st century Anne is like Tudor era Anne, she is dating a married man (not living together though)... secretive similarities!

    Great post trying to discuss something similar with time travel connections to literature vs. history, here. I look forward to seeing what you think of the actual chapter break downs when you get it read, Anna!

    ReplyDelete